A full list of current existing subjects that we are providing tutoring for can be found here: Course List
How to obtain a tutor:
- Contact your athletic academic counselor and provide the name of the course you would like a tutor in, your availability, and how often you would like to meet with a tutor.
- Check your email consistently – look for an email from your counselor or ASPSATutoring@unc.edu confirming your newly scheduled weekly appointment.
- Contact your counselor to confirm that it is acceptable for you to cancel your tutor session.
- Email ASPSATutoring@unc.edu & copy your Academic Counselor to this email.
- If your appointment is before 5pm: cancel no later than 2pm on previous day.
- If your appointment is after 5pm: cancel no later than 2pm on that day.
- If your appointment is Monday before 5pm or on Sunday: cancel no later than 2pm on the previous Friday.
- Include the following information in your email:
- Your Name
- Your Sport
- Who your tutor is
- What day/time you are supposed to meet
- Why you are cancelling
- Check your email for confirmation – if you do NOT receive a confirmation email, your cancellation was NOT processed.
All infractions will be recorded cumulatively for the semester (not by individual course). Student-Athletes who have a history of infractions may lose their tutoring privileges.
Student-Athletes, their coaches, and their academic counselor will be notified of each documented academic infraction via email. Examples of academic infractions may include any of the following:
- Missing a session without properly cancelling (No Show).
- Late by five minutes or more.
- Excessive use of personal devices unrelated to coursework.
- Any behavioral issues that may warrant a dismissal from the session.
With the fifth infraction, all tutorial services may be suspended until a mandatory meeting with the student, position coach, academic counselor, an associate director of academic support, and tutorial coordinator has been held.
With the tenth infraction, all tutorial services may be suspended until a mandatory meeting with the student, head coach, academic counselor, associate director of academic support, and tutorial coordinator has been held.
Infraction Appeals Policy
If you feel you received an infraction improperly, you may appeal the infraction using the following procedure:
- You have five business days from the date of the infraction email to appeal in writing to the Tutorial Coordinator.
- The appeal form must be signed and approved by the Head Coach and Academic Counselor before being presented to the Tutorial Coordinator.
- The appeal form must state all pertinent facts with proof to support your position attached to the form.
A copy of the appeal form is posted here:
Infraction Appeal Form