Throughout a student-athlete’s time in Chapel Hill, ASPSA, Academic Advising, and Student-Athlete Development offer opportunities to prepare for each Tar Heel’s “next success.” During the career and/or internship hunt, preparation for graduate school, refining of goals and interests, and selection of a major, these departments work hand-in-hand with University Career Services to provide student-athletes with information and skills they can use to be successful in their next steps.
Among the opportunities offered are:
- Student-Athlete Career Fair
- Majors Exploration Fair (Academic Advising Program)
- Employer information sessions
- Resume and cover letter preparation assistance
- Tools to explore career interests
- One-on-one meetings
- Mock interviews
- Shadowing and internship opportunities
- Student-Athlete Majors/Minors/Programs Fair
Employers prize the traits that student-athletes practice and refine during their time at UNC – teamwork and leadership abilities, time management skills, public speaking and communication experience. Our goal is to be sure that those strengths, coupled with a Carolina degree, translate into a rewarding career path for each Tar Heel.
Below is a handout created by ASPSA to help facilitate Major & Career Exploration discussions.
PDF Version: Tar Heel Exploration